Mattress shopping thoughts & research

@shamekahshaw Yup. We have it directly on the floor, but the floor is carpeted. Our house is maybe 67 degrees where we sleep (with the heat on), so I do get cold, especially when keeping the blankets just to around my waist. I haven’t slept on the quilted side of the mattress yet, but I’m guessing that might help a little with the temperature.

@shamekahshaw This is a Fakespot Reviews Analysis bot. Fakespot detects fake reviews, fake products and unreliable sellers using AI.

Here is the analysis for the Amazon product reviews:

Name: Pure Green Natural Latex Mattress - Firm - Full

Company: Sleep On Latex

Amazon Product Rating: 4.6

Fakespot Reviews Grade: B

Adjusted Fakespot Rating: 4.6

Analysis Performed at: 08-04-2021

Link to Fakespot Analysis | Check out the Fakespot Chrome Extension!

Fakespot analyzes the reviews authenticity and not the product quality using AI. We look for real reviews that mention product issues such as counterfeits, defects, and bad return policies that fake reviews try to hide from consumers.

We give an A-F letter for trustworthiness of reviews. A = very trustworthy reviews, F = highly untrustworthy reviews. We also provide seller ratings to warn you if the seller can be trusted or not.

@blast0102 Hi! I went with the sleep on latex firm mattress. I called latex for less and they said the bed I was interested in was only meant for 100 lbs or less, and would take several weeks to arrive. SOL said they recommend the firm one for children, also if it’s too firm and needs adjusting they will sell a topper at half price. Shipping is very fast. That helped me go ahead and order.

I still waffled if it was the right choice—got stressed as the taller SOL mattress is farther for baby to tumble and bonk her head and it won’t tuck under our bed, and it’s heavier—120lbs vs 85. I still wonder what the shikibuton would be like, too. But half the time my husband is also falling asleep on it, haha, so we are presently fully using the full size. Baby is crawling everywhere and also now moving when she wakes at night so it’s a relief to have made the change. It may not be perfect but it’s good enough.

The bed is pretty comfy, surprisingly bouncy. It’s firm but not the rock I was concerned about. Both of us have sometimes found ourselves wake up with numb arms falling asleep on sides so that’s not ideal. I think I’m still more comfortable on the SOL mattress than our big bed (a medium firm hybrid) and waking up less stiff.

@shamekahshaw Thanks so much for responding! That sounds like a great choice - and just in time, too! I was about to order a shikibuton until I saw the shipping was $170. No thank you! Ended up getting a full Naturepedic 2-in-1 that will hopefully stay with my daughter for a while. Best of luck in your sleep journey!

Back