Mama Koala 2.0 vs Texas Tushies AIO

hillis89

I have MK 1.0 and they’re good. I want to switch to AWJ with my 3rd baby. I just want to know if anyone has used either or with their babies and how well it worked. Thank you in advance!

@hillis89 I can’t compare with the mama koala, but I have the Texas Tushies AIO and just don’t love the fit. It doesn’t have hip snaps so it doesn’t feel as secure, and I don’t love the way the inserts sit. They try to escape out of the side a little bit? It works just fine, no problems with leaking. They clean and dry just fine and function fine, the fit just isn’t my favorite for my baby.

Edit: adding to say, AWJ all the way. So much more convenient for lint on baby

@alpacachex I’m not liking the fit of the TT AIO, which is a bummer because I want to like them more! They fit weird around the waist no matter if it’s tighter or looser, and the inserts want to peek out from the back or sides like you mentioned.

@defoehorses My satisfaction on these went down the more we used them - the inserts are pulling and in danger of ripping the diaper, the snap placement feels inconvenient, just not in love with these diapers.

@alpacachex That’s alright! I did the same thing - bought 6 of the AIO’s to try out (and to try out AIO overall, and liked that the inserts were separate to try faster). Thanks for the reply!

@hillis89 Mama Koala 1.0 is slightly smaller than Texas Tushies OS. The 2.0 is slightly smaller than the Texas Tushies XL. The XL is an extended size version of the OS. It has extended wings and a hip snap. The AIO is a OS which I find still fits my 2 year old well. It totally depends on your baby's build though. If you're little ones are slim the OS will fit great, if they're typically a bit chunkier the XL has an additional rise and has been used on babies as small as 8lbs
I am an affiliate for Texas Tushies so if you have any questions feel free to ask or you can find me on social. My referral code is Teddy15 if you need a discount code

@hillis89 I have 2.0 and a texas tushies AIO. I love them both for different scenarios. I do prefer awj as well, it seems to keep my baby feeling drier and she doesnt get as hot with it.

@hillis89 I have the 2.0s that I use, also with my 3rd baby, and I love them. I got the AWJ and they are so much less linty. The inserts that come with them are pretty good, too. I started using them with my girl at like 2 months (she was a little thing), and used them with my older toddler until he was potty trained at 2.5 years. I recommend them to everyone at this point.

Back