MAM Nipple Flow Rates

ggv

Does anyone know what the flow rate is for MAM bottles in mL per minute? In particular the size 0 nipple?

We’ve been using Dr Brown’s Preemie nipple so far with our 2 month old, which are around 7mL per minute. Want to switch to an easier to clean and less leaky bottle that’s still good for gas/colic. MAM fits the bill, but I don’t see much info on their flow rates to find a comparable one.

I’ve only see one article that indicates 13 mL per minute for MAM size 1, but that would line up with Dr Brown’s level 2. MAM has a 0 size “extra slow flow” but I can’t find any hard data on its flow rate.

Thanks!

@ggv Im not sure of the flow rate, but I dug out a zero to see how fast it dripped water compared to a 1. The 1 is a lot faster than the 0. The 0 I have to compress manually with my finger for a drop to even come out, while the 1 is drip, drip, drip (like a 2 second pause between)

I’m a Mam bottle fan, the 5 parts are way easier to clean than Dr. Browns bottles.

@timmdogg Sorry op, can't help with the flow rates but want to second this. Zero is very slow and one seems like a big jump in comparison. Also love the mam bottles, yes they come in multiple parts but they are so easy to clean.

Back