Low sperm count & motility - is this fixable?

@rickylee Hey guys I have taken 4 Sperm analysis and had increased the qualityof my sperm. Trying to share what I learned through the process.

1 Top quality sperm is around 1-3 days of abstinence. sperm does become of lower quality after that.​

I thought for these analysis I needed to abstain for 4-7 days. These days definitely affected my results. My count was good but the morphology and motility were low end of average. Which I take it as bad, considering its not supposed to get better with age (I am 32). more information: first 2 tests were tests for a sperm analysis. the 3rd and 4th tests were samples that were washed (a procedure that separates sperm from semen, removes chemicals that can cause uterine reactions, and concentrates healthy sperm) .

1st test: 3 days abstinence; motility 32%, sperm count: 152million

2nd test: 6 days abstinence; motility 22% sperm count: 121 Million

---after the 2nd test I started to take 4,000 IU of vitamin d3----

3rd test: about 36 hours abstinence: motility 60% after cleaning sperm. (i do not know what motility was before cleaning)

4th test: about 36 hours abstinence: motility 79% after cleaning sperm (54% before cleaning).

It takes about 60 days to create your sperm. so any changes you're doing will need to be done for 2 months before seeing any results. I am currently taking between 7,000-10,000 IU of vitamin d3 each day, also added 1000mg L-carnatine and 30 mg zinc

This information was never told to me by a doctor:

1)Top quality sperm is around 1-3 days of abstinence. sperm does become of lower quality after that.

2) Taking Vitamin d3 can help

3) It takes about 60 days to create your sperm.

And honestly, its terrible that it isn't. Definitely ask for a bloodtest to see where your Vitamin D levels are. I hope this information can help someone and many more.

@rickylee Also, I meant to mention that I’m the one on CoQ10…I take 800 mg a day( 400mg twice a day, got them on Amazon ) I’m 36 my hubster is 38 so I feel you on the timeline

@rickylee Being that you mentioned you’re both mid-30s and want multiple children, I’d personally suggest getting a referral to a reproductive urologist and/or going to IVF. A RU can evaluate and help create a treatment plan/make recommendations. My husband also has severe oligospermia. Healthy ≠ fertile. His cause has not been identified. Our RE clinic was very wishy washy about his first 2 SA results and suggested supplements. His 3rd SA showed 0 improvement and even a regression in motility. They still encouraged us to move forward with IUI, but we chose to have him evaluated by a RU. RU agreed with us. He’s currently on Clomid and has been for 2 months. We’ll find out next month if it helps. The RU gave us 50/50 odds. If not, we are done spending time on possible treatments and will move to IVF, as we’d like multiple children. It takes about 3 months to see any impact so not a long time, per se, but can add up if first steps don’t have an impact.

@rickylee My husband had low motility (and a few other issues) at his first SA and our RE recommended he start taking FertilAid. We just got it on Amazon and his numbers increased. Might be worth a shot.