looking for reassurance

wiseracoon

i had an encounter back on october 29, 2023. it was not risky, however he was on top of me and fully clothed, whereas i had no clothes on. after the encounter, we noticed there was a wet spot on the front of his jeans presumably from precum. in the moment, i still didn't worry because i was on the combined pill and i didn't necessarily recall missing any pills recently. fast forward to my next placebo week and i get what i think is a withdrawal bleed (this was early/mid november). however, it should be noted that i have been on the pill for two years and i have NEVER gotten a withdrawal bleed, nor any breakthrough bleeding whatsoever (doctor said this was completely normal). so this made me slightly more worried, but i still didn't think much of it. it lasted roughly 4 days and it wasn't too heavy but was definitely a visible flow with red color (implantation bleeding?). a couple weeks later, as im in the middle of my next pill pack, i begin bleeding (started november 30). again, this is extremely alarming for me as i have never experienced any bleeding on the pill whatsoever. this bleeding lasted around 5 days and the only other symptom was a lower backache. throughout this time i'm taking upwards of 4 HPTs per week, all are negative. i continued taking pregnancy tests until finally i had so much anxiety that i decided to get two beta hCG tests done on 12/8 and 12/18, both had results of

Also I don’t know where you’re reading that bleeding makes your hcg undetectable but it’s not true your hcg levels from October would show it so would an ultrasound.

@proverbs31an i read online that basically if your uterus somehow continues to shed while you're pregnant, it prevents hCG from building up enough to be detected by pregnancy tests. are you saying i should get an ultrasound?

@wiseracoon If you were shedding your uterus lining you would not be pregnant. I’m not saying you should get an ultrasound, I’m saying in general it would be obvious but there was nothing you did that can cause pregnancy and the blood tests were negative. You’re 10000000% not pregnant

@wiseracoon I’m not sure where you read this, but it is fundamentally incorrect. A fetus cannot survive the shedding of the uterine lining. That’s just not how pregnancy works. The uterine lining sheds if and only if an egg hasn’t been fertilized.

I would suggest learning more about pregnancy and sex through a credible resource like Scarleteen or Planned Parenthood to better educate yourself. This is also an intense reaction to a sexual encounter, is there a doctor or counselor you could talk to about these feelings?

@donaldbjohnson possibly. this scare has mentally consumed me for quite a while now so i haven't really thought much about it. i just wanted to be 100% sure of no pregnancy before assessing any issues with my anxiety.

@wiseracoon That just isn’t true. After my confirmed pregnancy I was bleeding very heavily, but the tests in the emergency room still showed positive. You can’t have your uterine lining shed and have a sustained pregnancy. An ultrasound is completely unnecessary because you cannot get pregnant through clothing.

@mavarick1 thanks for the response! only thing i was concerned about was that there was a wet spot on his jeans, so i know it was most likely precum. just wasn't sure if it got anywhere near my vulva or if the sperm could even penetrate the jeans with the precum.

@mavarick1 okay, thank you! do you maybe have any idea what could have caused my weird bleeding? i had never experienced anything like it before and it still seems unexplainable. just weird that it happened right after one of my first sexual encounters within months.