Looking for Durable Nursery Chairs Suitable for Plus Size Parents

johnnyvee885

Hello everyone! I'm currently searching for a reliable and comfy nursery chair that can accommodate both me and my husband comfortably. I’m 5”9 and weigh around 280lbs, and he's 6”1 and 360lbs, so it's important to us that the chair isn't too narrow since we're both on the broader side. Does anyone have any suggestions for chairs that can handle a higher weight capacity without sacrificing comfort? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

@johnnyvee885 I would check out Nurture&! We purchased a recliner there for our nursery and have been really pleased with how comfortable it has been.We really like the adjustable headrest and the extra wide arms. We ended up going with The Glider Plus over the Glider because having automated lumbar support was important to us, but they had a few options depending on budget. They also tend to have good sales which offsets the cost a bit. .

@johnnyvee885 not a traditional nursery chair but i really preferred the rocking la-z-boy recliner i had with my son vs the normal glider we have now (we moved cross country or we’d still have that recliner, they last forever!)

@joyung Second a rocking recliner! We have a huge oversized one, and I love it. Allows me to use pillows and things to get comfortable when nursing and also for support during those early days when everything is sore.

@johnnyvee885 We also have a la-z-boy recliner! They have good holiday weekend sales (we got ours like 40% off on President’s Day weekend). Shipping took a while because we ordered a chair in a specific color so ymmv with that. My husband and I are both tall too so it was nice to go to the store and try out a few chairs to see what worked for us!

@johnnyvee885 We ended up going to a furniture store.

My MiL splurged and got us a suede leather electric arm chair and I’m so excited 😅 I think it was $450

I had a c section with my son so I think the electric will be nice because I won’t have to engage my core to close the leg part if I have another one.

Back