Looking for a formula travel bag

charleeboy

We do quite a bit of traveling with our kiddo these days and lately have been using just an old reusable shopping bag and a cooler/lunch kit when we're out on the go for the day or overnight. I've been looking at a couple of bigger lunch kits/cooler bags and think they'd make a good way to get down to just one bag instead of taking bottles in one bag (the reusable shopping bag) and the small cooler (pre-made bottles). Would love your thoughts! I've been looking at this with one big compartment and also this top & bottom cooler so premade bottles could go in the top with the ice packs and then the formula can and extra bottles could go in the bottom.

We don't always take a premade bottle (only if we're anticipating feeding right away when we get somewhere) so it's not a big deal, but I'd love to know your thoughts or what you do! I could just use the diaper bag, but it's so full with diapers/wipes/extra clothes/burp clothes that this seems easier. Plus when we take the big can of formula with us when we're planning overnight stays it wouldn't fit in the backpack.

@charleeboy I’d recommend getting some containers to hold prescooped formula powder and then keep just water in the bottles in your diaper bag. When it’s time for a feed just dump the powder in and you’re good to go. I love the tommee tippee containers for this as they take up almost no room in my bag

@matthewpegler This! I used Accmor formula dispenser and loved it. It has up to 5 compartments, and it's up to you how many compartments you want to take with you. I did a search and saw the Termichy stackable formula dispenser. I didn't know about it at the time I bought the Accmor one. It seems similar to the Accmor but might be even better because each compartment has its own funnel mouth.

@charleeboy Put an ice pack in a dry bag, to keep your normal diaper bag cool for 90% of trips. If you are staying longer just make as needed (which it sounds like you do).

I wouldn’t want to go full pack mule with a diaper bag, and a cooler, and a baby if at all avoidable.

@charleeboy I like the Dr Brown's fold and freeze bag. Keeps bottles cold for quite a while and doesn't take up much space in the freezer. I even stuffed it in the diaper bag for a flight, but in retrospect it would have been easier to just make those bottles on the go!