l/o won’t take a pacifier

@nvyhus85 My baby absolutely refused a pacifier until a few days ago, when he started teething. He’s 5 months now but I never had any issues with him taking a bottle which I introduced somewhere around 3-4 weeks!

@nvyhus85 My LO will take a paci with some coaxing. It sounds awful, but he wants to soothe, needs to soothe and wants it but doesn't quite understand when I give it him what to do? They're very odd things.

I just pop it between his lips, and after a quick thrash he'll suck it in and happily drift off sucking away. I can usually tell when he doesn't want it, he'll spit it out which usually indicates that he's hungry.

When I BF him he would comfort suck on the boob. I had to stop BF him, but he still wanted the comfort so I'd cradle him and hold a paci next to my boob. Worked like a charm.

@nvyhus85 Mine didn’t take one until recently at 12.5 weeks. I had to try a few different ones, but the Tommee Tippee was the winner.

Our baby was mostly bottle fed from the beginning as well due to breastfeeding issues.

@nvyhus85 5.5 baby has never taken a dummy. Refuses. Gags. My nipples are her dummy. I kind of don’t blame her - why accept plastic when you can have the real thing?

She takes the bottle fine when I’m out. Expressed BM.

Back