Kids fashion : alternatives to SHEIN?

tugboatcalhoun

Hi all, this is a bit of a stab in the dark, but I’m trying to buy my ten year old niece either some cool clothes, or a gift card to a store she likes.

When I asked family what she would like, they said clothing would be awesome, as she’s already 5’7” and has been rapidly outgrowing things. I’m more than happy to oblige! However, I’ve hit a snag: they told me that she usually gets clothes from Shein. From what I know, their quality is very hit or miss and I was thinking of getting her something nicer.

What do you all recommend here? Shall I just give her a Shein gift card instead of foisting my preferences on her? Shall I take it a small step up and get her an H&M or Uniqlo gift card? Shall I buy some actual clothes for her (nicer than a gift card, but risky as she might not like my picks) from Shein? Or should I buy clothes from another store? Where do preteens like to shop?

Rereading what I wrote, the answer is probably to just go with Shein- right? (After all, I wear fast fashion too, so stones, glass houses, etc.) Or do you guys have other suggestions?

Thank you!

@tugboatcalhoun I'm in the UK so have different retail options here but imo Shein is poor quality and not the most ethical company. I would say to buy a couple of higher quality items from elsewhere but include the gift receipt so they can swap them if wanted. This is what my aunts and uncles used to do for me and I appreciated having the option to either try something I wouldn't normally pick for myself or to exchange the items if they really didn't suit me.

Back