Junel FE 1.5/30 - switch from 1/20 to 1.5/30, possible no period?

thetrueone

Hi everyone,
This month I switched from 1/20 to 1.5/30 due to the amount of cramping from the lower dose and how it was making me feel emotionally. I took 1/20 for a year and some months and my gyno made the switch for me to the higher dosage.
I am currently on day 2 of placebo and it just feels funky. I take my pill regularly, always had a withdrawal bleed, protected sex always, and I had MAYBE on incident of something that could be a potential but even then, I think it’s just anxiety.

I keep reading about how Junel FE is causing women later on to have their period slowly disappear and it kind of frightens me (I know, WILD). This was the first month of using the higher doses pill and my gyno said even switching to a higher dose will still keep me protected because it’s the same brand. The incident for this is about to be the 3 week mark where a confirmed negative on a pregnancy test would be. I also test regularly anyhow.

How normal is it to miss your withdrawal pill while taking your pill? And has anyone experienced this?

@thetrueone let me know!! similar thing happened to me. i didn’t get my period month 7 of taking 1.5/30, all tests were negative but i still am always so worried. i’m on my next month placebo week and still haven’t gotten my period, but i think i might’ve just lost mine

@helenegg69 So I did wind up getting my period and for less days, it felt different but emotionally a little better. But I did talk to my gyno and they said that it is a common side effect of higher doses BC to do that!

@thetrueone I started taking 1/20 about 2.5 years ago, after maybe 3 months I started taking them consistently and had no period for 5 months. After that it went downhill with constant break through bleeding. I talked to a doctor who said it may have been too low of a dose and my body got used to it. They switched me to 1.5/30, i had no bleeding for 8 months, got a period and have been blood free since.