It’s been almost five days since my 7 week old last pooped

wsb

Let me preface this by saying I’m gonna call the pediatrician in the morning and see if I can just ask about it.

Just curious if anyone has had experience with their baby going a while without pooping and what’s normal vs abnormal

Mine had some explosions on the changing mat Friday night. Pretty sure she emptied out lol. We also started supplementing formula on Saturday, so of course there’s two things happening at once (nothing is ever simple 🙃)

She’s still eating well, sleeping well, and not fussing more than normal. Passing gas plenty and her belly isn’t hard or anything.

@wsb Always good to call and double check but it is perfectly normal for babies to go multiple days without pooping, especially breastfed ones.

When ours was breastfeeding our longest stretch was 17 days. We avg 2-3 poops a month from age 3mo to 6mo.

Our doctor said as long as baby was:
- growing along their curve
- eating well and satisfied after feeds
- comfortable when she poops
- poops are normal in consistency
- comfortable belly

But do talk to your doctor, they may have similar, different, or additonal criteria that they want yiu to watch for.

@keyslammer Wow that’s nuts. Don’t worry, I’m def gonna talk to the doc. Your comment does help my anxiety cook for the night though. Thank you!

@wsb Mine often goes 4 days between poops. I wish he didn't because by day 3 or 4, he gets really crabby with all the gas and straining to poop.

@maclaren Yeah I think mine is straining a bit this morning. She doesn’t seem to be in pain, but maybe a little uncomfortable. Waiting for a call back from her doctor.

@wsb Call your doctor. As a FTM, I was calling our dr all the time for the first 5 months.

My son was backed up for 4 days around the same age and let me tell you, on the 5th day it made up for the lack of poop. It was an absurd amount.