Infant Optics DXR-8 pro vs Eufy Spaceview pro?

@pmxcsed I have infant optics DXR-8 pro and it’s great. My only complaint is that the handheld screen battery doesn’t last super long but it really hasn’t been too much of an inconvenience. Totally recommend it!

@bgunk Thank you! Could you please tell me approximately how long it lasts, and what sort of charging cable it uses? Also, I've read that it has a feature to lower background noise (like AC or a sound machine). Have you noticed that to work well?

@pmxcsed Yes, I find the ANR to work well. I run a hatch sound machine and a Snoo which has its own sound and it works perfect to block that noise. The battery lasts all night if I charge it about halfway through the night or make sure the screen is off. Definitely can’t leave the screen on for more than a couple hours. The cable isn’t something I can check right now but surely it’s available on Amazon!

@pmxcsed I have the eufy. Love it, no complaints. It's got a great range so I can go outside to the edge of the yard and still use it. I noticed the comment on the battery life for infant optics so I will also say that our Eufy has a good battery life. I usually charge it at night but it can go 2-3 days without charging before it dies, so if I forget to plug it in one night it's no problem and on overnight trips I don't have to bother bringing the charger.

@chriscrossan Just to provide a counter argument against the Eufy Spaceview. I recently had a terrible experience with my monitor bricking itself when updating its firmware (required when adding cameras). Eufy support offered a 30% coupon but would not replace the bricked monitor. If you ever intend to add cameras or monitors to your system, just beware. A quick search on Google/Reddit will pull up a lot of other cases of this happening.

Customer support’s condescending attitude was the cherry on top.

@chriscrossan 2-3 days sounds like great battery life! Is that using it with video the whole time? Or is there an audio only option that helps save power to make it last that long?

@pmxcsed We have it set up to where the screen is off unless we turn it on or baby makes a noise. So it's not audio only but the screen is not on most of the time. I like it because it's usually off but if she's noisy I can look over from bed and it will automatically turn on so I can see if she's settling back to sleep or if she needs my help.

@pmxcsed My Eufy does not hold a charge for 2-3 days any longer (only been using for ~6 months). Also, the bottom of the camera unit broke off and customer service offered 30% discount instead of a replacement. Needless to say, now that I'm in the market for a new one, it won't be another Eufy Spaceview.

@pmxcsed I have the dxr8 the regular one. It's a few years old and it's handled being dropped a few dozen times. Still works. I love it honestly. Yes, the battery life is not great but if you turn the screen off and just use it to listen and then turn it on to look around, it lasts 8 hours or so. If you leave the screen on, it'll last maybe an hour and a half. It has good range too. I can use it in my garden outside the house

@pmxcsed I have the previous model eufy spaceview (I think a brand new one was just released).

We love it. We’ve been using it for almost a year and a half. The picture quality is crisp, the range is good so we can even go down the driveway a bit and still have it work. My daughter is obsessed with the receiver part and has dropped it quite a few times, and it’s continued to work with no issues.

@pmxcsed I got the Eufy Spaceview original even though the pro was out. Only reason was because I read bad reviews on the pro in terms of battery. I've had no issues with the eufy original though.

@pmxcsed If you get the eufy make sure you get the pro like you said in the title, bigger battery on monitor, it’s triangle shaped so it stands by itself.

Back