ideas for summer camp prizes

kimee55

Doing a summer camp this season for 5-11 yr olds. Just a half day little program. Hoping to have prizes for well behaved campers and need ideas. My co worker had some cool plastic stretchy bracelets and I thought it was a great jumping off idea but I want a variety. In my head I'm thinking of stuff kids could pick out after cashing in their tickets at an arcade-type prizes i.e. nothing too expensive but 5-11 year olds would find really cool

@kimee55 There's coloring books, art supplies (paint, crayons, markers), cool hats, anything in the party favor aisle of the stores.

@kimee55 I bought a bunch of stickers from Amazon for my students last year and they loved them—knockoff meme stickers and generic “water bottle” stickers. Just sort through them to remove any questionable phrases of you get meme ones.

@myjesus1797 So here is the real story: my dad bought a bunch of cheap compasses and gave them to the grandkids on vacation. One year we brought a foreign exchange student from Germany and Dad welcomed her to the clan with a compass. Pops passed away last month and a compass was set on his casket as a reminder that we all need direction. Our German friend wrote the sweetest sympathy card saying that she still cherishes her compass. I'm feeling pretty lost these days, but the symbol does help.

@summerfed That is one of the sweetest things I've ever heard.

I went to get my free reddit award thinking it would be the heartwarming one, like always. Nope. Silver take it anyway because this made me smile.

@kimee55 They have fun stuff for kids at the dollar section at Target. Like those pop it fidget toys are cool and in expensive. They might also have good stuff at the Dollar Tree.

Back