I need to know if I’m being unreasonable

@agapeos1080 I’d definitely be upset. She has no place asking something that concerns you and YOUR side of the family like your mom. What would she have said if you told her yes she around my mom?? She has no input on what you do when your daughters with her. And if it concerns her so much then maybe she should suggest to her partner that he spend for time with his daughter or something lol. Like what was the reasoning for even asking you that. I agree with everyone that’s saying to ignore. If it was me I’d probably tell her that doesn’t concern her, you live with your mother and she’s the one who primarily helps you with child care while you’re working. BUT you could just ignore her too. & I would’ve definitely thought her putting her name first was on purpose but only she knows if it was intentional or not. I’d take the paper out of her backpack as it serves no purpose. You’re her mother, if you felt like she needed written emergency contacts I’m sure you would have done it.

@katrina2017 Thank you! I appreciate your input, I will probably ignore it but if she tries to overstep again I will most likely say something. The first time was enough, this time might be a mistake, but if it happens again I’ll have to say something.

@agapeos1080
My question is whether or not I have a right to be upset about her behavior.

You have every right to be upset about her behaviour.

What an absolute cheek, her asking God much time your daughter spends with her Grandma. Even if she thought it, she has no place asking the question. Silly woman.

@alexch I mean I agree 😅 my mom was more angry about it than I was, truthfully. I thought it was definitely bold of her lol but I brushed it off because … what a ridiculous question. My mom was very upset about it, but she’s a hothead sometimes.

@agapeos1080 Tbh I can understand you mum being upset about it. It's really not your Ex's partners business. A great deal of coparent issues are caused by overstepping by overzealous stepparents, who would be better leaving the coparenting to the parents.

@agapeos1080 You're being petty about almost all of this.... time outs are not the worst thing in the world... that's what your child will get as punishment in pre school. 1 minute for each year of age.

Anyway, ignore all of it. Relax about it. Let her be on the pick up list if it makes her feel important. Take the path of least resistance because none of this sounds harmful to the child

@hallbee66 I’m being petty by ignoring it? As long as they aren’t hitting my child I don’t care what kind of discipline they implement. I never once said I intended to acknowledge the way they choose to discipline, however - I don’t appreciate your comment. Time outs are not the only way to discipline a child, and there’s empirical evidence to back up the fact that they don’t work. Leaving a child alone to deal with big emotions is a perfect way to make sure they never discuss their emotions with you. She goes to a Waldorf school that does not implement time outs.

I would know, I had timeouts when I was little and I attempted suicide rather than talking to my mom about it because I was taught my emotions were something to keep to myself.

I don’t mind putting her on the PU list, the point is she put herself before me. I don’t want them calling my ex’s girlfriend before they call me in an emergency. If she needs medical attention in a desperate way, she doesn’t have the authority to give permission. My daughter could die if something terrible happens to her and needs emergent surgery. She could be in pain if she doesn’t have the authority to authorize pain medication. It sounds harmful to me.

@agapeos1080 I don't think they would call her before you. Even if her name is listed first, I actually think they have a legal responsibility to call the custodial parent first because the step parent, even if she is on the pickup list, doesn't have rights to educational info. They know who the mother is, and I'm positive they have your custody agreement on file so that they know who to call in an emergency

@agapeos1080 Also time outs don't always equal leaving a child alone to deal with an emotion. but it's a parenting preference regardless of how it is implemented and i would choose my battles concerning that personally

Back