I KNOW IM SCREWED BUT WHAT DO I DO !

@nomerhunks For sure, just wanted to make sure OP didn’t see this comment and take Ella out of panic/anxiety. Unfortunately, I’ve seen many people on this sub have protected sex and retroactively decrease their protection by doing just that.

@andyleechristian It is very unlikely to have weight gain from mirena since it is inserted in your cervix and it does not need to travel through you body (that’s how other bc cause weight gain by traveling through your body). I know you’re freaking out but mirena is an amazing iud for so many different reasons you just need to do more research about it on your own. Too many things to say about the unprotected sec so I will not be addressing that part, sorry.

@jindal20042003 The hormones in the mirena work in the same way as other progesterone based contraceptives. Hormones “travel through your body”, as with any hormonal contraceptive.

The mirena is amazing for some, just ok for some and absolutely fucking awful for others. But the OP didn’t actually want it, so it’s pretty irrelevant.

@jindal20042003 I have been doing some research . Ever since I found out what was placed in me 😂I’ve been scared. But I read where it says weight gain is a side effect of mirena because it releases some progestin in the blood stream.
I’ve Been watching a whole bunch of videos on everybody’s different experiences and views on mirena trying to look at what I have to deal with for now too. Mirena may be amazing for some people and I’m glad it is but I didn’t want that at all 😕

Back