I know I’m a big Dummy. Please don’t tell me. I just need some reassurance on EC

jerseyrob

Hi guys. So my boyfriend and I had sex but the condom had broken and he had came inside of me. I know. I had a huge panic.

And just to make it worse, we weren’t able to get and Emergency Contraceptives until FOUR days after the accident. And I figured that it would be ok. But after I took it I was just seeing all of these things saying that “I’m screwed I’m screwed”

I’m really worried and I just need some straight facts. Because some things are saying that I’m screwed, and others are saying that even though it works better within 3 days it can still work and I just need the reassurance really badly.

Oh yeah and I took Aftera not Plan-B, I’m not sure about the difference, it’s the same drug isn’t it??

@nicole888 Yeah it’s just that my period has always been really irregular so I have tried to keep track but I don’t know if it’s correct. Thank you for answering though

@jerseyrob Your cycle will be based off the first day of your last period. On average you will ovulate 10 days after that with a 5 day window leading up to that particular day. It's easy math. I didnt have regular periods. I got off bc figured out my most likely ovulation day and got pregnant on the first try.

Plan b effectiveness weakens the later you take it. So by day four the chances of it working are significantly less than the three day window. You can look up specific percentages for your brand.

Unless you're ovulating you cant get pregnant. Say you had a period 2, almost 3 weeks ago, very slim chance you would get pregnant. Say period was about a week , week and a half, chances you could be pregnant are higher.

I would suggest getting on the pill or some other form for contraception.

Also if you're in tune with your body at all you can tell if you were ovulating based on discharge.

No one is really going to be able to give you a solid answer or peace of mind. You just have to wait 2 weeks and take a test.

Back