I Just Dropped My Kid Off At The Mall

lucy85

I didn't even know hanging out at the mall was still a thing! This is the first time she'll be hanging out with just her friends there, and it felt like the first time I dropped her off at Kindergarten. It's so weird! How did she get this old?! How did I get this old?!

It was like listening to my sister at the same age "Me and X and Y and Z wanna go to the mall. X's mom will be there, but not like, with us, but here's her contact info. Can I have $30? Idk when to pick me up I'll just text you...8pm?! Mom! What if the other kids are gonna stay longer?! Ugh! Fine! Can I have another $10?"

Some things never change I guess.

It made me weirdly teary on the drive back.

@lucy85 This is so great. I still take my daughter to the mall but our town is small and the mall has ac, so the mall it is! Hope they had fun.

@lucy85 I didn’t know it was still a thing either, but my daughter and my SO’s kids have been asking also. It really takes me back, and when I think about how I used to not only hang out at the mall but also walk there, it makes me wonder if I’m overprotective. Lol.