I guess I don't need to keep my legs up after sex!

kimos

So I posted a few weeks ago about keeping my legs up after sex and I received such good advice and even bought a menstrual cup to use after sex.

Well I took 3 pregnancy tests and they were all positive!!! My husband (47m) and I (39F) were going to give up actively trying in May after trying for 11 months.

@kenya38 Not OP but pregnant 3 times now after turning 35 (one ectopic), one live birth, currently pregnant with second) and despite a year of TTC, the only months I got pregnant were when I supplemented with progesterone in the Luteal phase. My Luteal phase was averaging 10-11 days tops, but often would get brown spotting starting 8 or 9 dpo. IMO the progesterone suppositories helped extend my Luteal phase and allow for successful implantation to occur. Only 1 month I used progesterone that I did not get pregnant (and I think it’s because I ovulated from the side without a tube that time - I can feel my ovulation pain).

@blessed2oo This is very comforting to hear, thank you! My LP is usually 9 days but this last month it was 11. My cycles range from 23-27 days. I know I’m ovulating but I think my progesterone is just too low/I need a longer LP. I already wrote my doc to discuss. Turning 40 in June, gotta get this ball rolling. I appreciate you taking the time!

@kenya38 FWIW, if your doc for some reason is resistant to checking your progesterone or giving supplements, check out Proov. They offer an at home progesterone urine test and a progesterone boosting oil. I used the tests which showed my low progesterone and it finally convinced my doctor to let me do the baseline and post-ovulation progesterone blood tests which showed my low progesterone as well. Then I was able to get the supplements. Proov has a very supportive TTC community on Facebook as well (basically the only reason I’m still on there lol).

@blessed2oo That is really good to know! And same regarding Facebook lol I love my OB and she said to let her know if I didn’t get pregnant Feb or March, so I think she will refer me and or do more tests. I feel like my progesterone has reduced significantly in the last couple years. I used to get way more symptoms in my LP than I do now but I’ve been tracking my period since 2017 and looks like my LP has been on the shorter side for awhile. It’s a bitch getting older.

@kenya38 Not OP and I only wish I’d heard/thought of this suggestion at the start of my journey! I’d recommend going to the website for Put A Cup In It and taking the fit quiz. That will help you get one that seals well for your particular shape