I always ovulate late (CD 19-20) but ultrasound said baby is measuring right at 7 w? Shouldn’t it be behind since I ovulated late?

hiev

Had my 7 w 1 day ultrasound, HR of 130 and everything measured right at 7 w 1 day. The nurse practitioner said maybe I did ovulate closer to CD 14. However, I have been using opks for a year and never get a peak until at least CD 18.

Not sure what to make of this. Could baby technically be measuring ahead?

@hiev I measured ahead as well at my ultrasound. My dr wasn’t concerned at all and said the pregnancy was very promising and my risk of miscarriage is very very low. I thought I was 7w4d based off ovulation and baby measured 8w1d

@hiev You could be measuring a bit ahead / it’s also easy for measurements to be off. If you know exactly when you ovulated then that is your most accurate dating.

@hiev I measured ahead at my ultrasound I was 7 weeks 4 days and I knowwww I wasn’t 8 weeks because we did blood work to confirm ovulation so I could do progesterone as soon as I ovulated . But then I had a scan like three days later at a hospital and I measured 8 weeks jusf like I should . Pregnancy is going great at 16 weeks ! Sometimes u just measure ahead a bit it’s prob just the tech measuring wrong when it’s so early 🤷‍♀️ better than behind !

@hiev I wouldn’t worry about it. It’s possible you ovulated early this month or that baby is a little ahead.. but there’s no downside to either option. Your doctor may just adjust your due date accordingly.