i’m going to be a father, and i can’t hold it in anymore

andiluvs

just wanted to share my excitement, we told our parents this past weekend and i’m just through the roof stoked. my wife is 9 weeks today, so it’s still early, but things are already changing around the house.

our first baby, my parents being grandparents, hers as well, everything is awesome. i’m ready for the whole deal, the journey is going to be full of ups and hopefully not very many downs (my dad called me yesterday to let me know not to take anything mean my wife says seriously, it’s the hormones) i’m so ready to be a dad!

i’ll be sure to post in here during the adventure to keep you all updated! and look for tips of course! fatherhood here i come!!!!

@winterreise we’ve known for a few weeks now, and everyday creates more anxiety! good anxiety though, and thanks a lot! been waiting for this moment for a long time. (i’m 30)

@andiluvs Congrats! My wife will be 9 weeks on Sunday. We are super excited too, but we haven't told anyone yet. I'm 38 and she is 36 and it will be our first, but we have been through a miscarriage at 8 weeks once before and we had already told some close friends and family. We are waiting until the 2nd trimester before we tell anyone, and it has already been insanely difficult holding it in!

@kimmyrose we had the same situation, had a miscarriage after we told everyone, so we just wanted to be sure it was for sure happening! thanks though, it’s an awesome feeling. you’ll have to keep me updated too!

@andiluvs Congrats! I still remember the feeling.

I have graduated but I had a dad pregnancy app on my phone that was helpful.

I used Daddy up. Was cool because it gives you tips, checklist, a go time button (that queues up GPS, calls doctor etc) and let's you know what your partner is going through each week. Definitely recommend looking into it or a similar app. You got this!

https://www.daddyup.com/

@andiluvs Awesome! Last tip that I will leave you with is that even if you are planning on breastfeeding, sign up for some free formula samples for your kid.

Breastfeeding can be tougher than you think so always great to have a plan B to supplement if needed. A fed kid is a healthy and happy kid.

You can look at Enfamil site or Similac's site. They usually have a form where you can sign up and get a tub. Probably good enough for a few bottles in case of emergency and better than having nothing at the middle of the night and a starving kid.

@andiluvs Ayyyee congratulations! Your dad will hopefully have plenty of great advice for you along the way! It's crazy how it seems like it all take so long to happen, but also goes by so fast. Congrats, my dude. Enjoy every second!!

@andiluvs My dad and I were on a pretty strained relationship for year. My becoming a dad helped it out quite a bit. Still not perfect, but if you and your dad are close, it'll make you even closer ☺️

@andiluvs We are inducing in a week. I remember being in your shoes and it doesn't feel like that long ago. Be patient, let her sleep above all else (if she gets mad you didn't wake her for dinner or what ever, you made the right choice...there isn't a winning scenario), go to appointments if you can... especially ultrasound ones. Do your best, you still love her and you are in this with her and help her be comfortable.

@gurshwin I plan on taking care of her the entire time, she’s carrying my baby! I also will be at every single appointment every step of the way. Luckily I can kind of make my own hours being a plumber, my bosses love me too and i have a huge support system between them and my family. life is good.