How to avoid jealousy?

@chux7 Is your baby having a bottle every 30 minutes after bedtime? I would suggest looking into a schedule change because at 9 months this doesn’t seem right

@chux7 i felt this way a lot the first year. i still feel this way but it's changed as my kid has gotten older. now he is my little buddy. he's still exhausting, and my day is still filled with cooking and cleaning .. don't get me wrong. but when he dropped to one nap we were able to do a lot of morning activities we couldn't do before (playgroups, story time at the library, etc) and i have some mom "friends" now and we meet up and hang with the kids . so now i feel like more of a person.

but all that to say i'm def still jealous of my husband. he has slow mornings with hot coffee over emails or a meeting.. and he has the luxury of zoning out or looking at his phone during a boring meeting. not much zone out time with my toddler

talk to your husband. it's easy to get burnt out. see where you can take a break, and you'll be more recharged for the long days

@chux7 This sounds just like my husbands work schedule! I used to struggle with jealously too!

I literally work on the weekends just to get a break from everybody touching me and get some adult convo AND use the restroom/eat lunch in peace 🙏 plus it reminds him how hard SAHP is.

ALSO
He wakes up with the babies and spends time with them in the mornings. He does the early diaper changes and gets breakfast into them while I sleep in then get ready ie brush teeth, take shower etc. at a leisurely pace.

More baby snuggles for dada and better mental health for me. Win win.

@chux7 Wait he's got a 9 to 5 lol breakfast and dinner he can help but he decides not to.

Breakfast can be started at 8 and dinner at 5.

If baby wakes up earlier than that a banana and/or other fruits and oatmeal is a perfect easy breakfast.

@chux7 My husband is work from home, he helps me in all of his down time. He folds laundry when he has a break, he will handle our son for a few hours if I need to run an errand. Sounds like your husbands job is a little too cushy if you ask me…

@chux7 I guess because I’m so introverted I’m grateful he has to do that instead of me. So there’s no jealousy. Instead I just get our son out of the house to do one of the free parks he likes, library, or we splurge and go to a cute indoor playplace/amusement park

@chux7 To answer how to avoid jealousy, I try to focus on gratitude, AND I ask for help from him when I need it. I also know that even though the stress isn't the same, my husband still has the stress knowing he's our sole provider. I am sure that's in the back of every working parents head that if they were to loose their job or business went bad, how awful that would be. Personally, I'd rather the stress you described vs having that responsibility.

Regarding things like missing time to shower alone, I feel like that's just one of the things all parents struggle with, missing those little freedoms. At nine months you can put the baby in an exersaucer, door way jumper or portable swing while you shower. I also brought my son in with me, I had a sit up bath seat for when he sat up. He's 14 months and he now can sit in the shower and play with toys while I shower. It gets better and easier as time goes on

Back