How to avoid jealousy?

chux7

Sometimes I’m just so utterly jealous of my husband. He has a wonderful 9-5 and on Fridays he’s off at noon. What makes it even better is he works from home and can take his time with lunch or finish a bit earlier if he’d like. He’s so lucky to have the job he does and it pays well, too. He’s worked hard for his career so I’m happy for him that he has this opportunity.

However, I can’t help but be so jealous some days. He doesn’t know what it’s like to entertain a baby all day. To be touched out to the max because between pumping and having a 9 month old use you as a jungle gym you’re just adverse to touch.

He gets to sit in his comfy office on a lazy boy and talk to adults. I get screamed at by a baby with a Kirkland size bag of sass while I try to start on dinner, or pee— dear god I miss peeing in peace.

I have to micromanage so many things at once. Do we have enough puree or is that what I’m working on today? What is baby having for his BLW lunch and dinner? Are we running out of fruit for him? What’s for our dinner? What are the deals on the flyer, what needs to be cleaned, when can I shower? Oh I can’t shower? That’s fine, I’m used to it. When are babies appointments? What milestones should he be hitting? When is laundry done? When should I pay electricity? If I stopped existing this house wouldn’t run and not a single mouth would be fed.

He can wake up and casually take his shower, eat his breakfast and bring his coffee into his office to start his day. Some days I’d kill for that.

I love him dearly. None of this is his fault. He’s providing for our family and I wanted to be the stay at home parent. I do love being here with my son all day but some days it’s just so damn hard.

Today is one of those days.

@chux7 no, see he needs to hold the baby in the morning while you eat breakfast and shower. you BOTH get free personal time to get ready for the day, that's the bare minimum.

@charlieb410 Yeah my husband wakes with baby and changes her diaper while I take a shower and have a short meditation. Takes me about 15-20 minutes, but I feel it's absolutely crucial for my brain - if I was in OP's shoes, I would be a crazy mess.

@chux7 It's great that your husband has a good job, that's fantastic.

I don't think it has anything to do with him waking up whenever he wants though... Maybe I'm missing something because it was a rant and not a complete description but does your husband not take care of the baby outside of work hours?

Back