How I got my 3 y/o to do what I want her to

@samanthagamgee They are actually pretty cool! They are definitely not meant to replace brushing your teeth, they are called Zolli-Pops. Basically super healthy suckers that still taste like candy. I believe they also have things like enamel building ingredients.

@morningredsky That’s crazy! It blows my mind the things people have come up with that all stemmed from negotiations with a toddler. I have the sore throat lollipops for my kids I wonder if it’s the same brand.

@tesslcoil We pit our twins against each other with this. “Who’s gonna win?!” Then they always tie because they’re super into it being fair. It works well.

For now.

@tesslcoil This works for seatbelts. Who can get in and put their seatbelt on first.

When I was a kid my dad had a manual, and wouldn't push the clutch in if I didn't have my seatbelt on and say "car won't start, not sure why" and then look around and point out my seatbelt. Eventually I caught on and it turned into the race.

@tesslcoil I always pull the "last one in the house is a rotten egg" thing withy son and now he always goes into the house instead of having me chase him all over the yard 🙃

@17cleo Yep. We have an animal puppet that was always able to get our toddler to do stuff. Even now that he is 6, if he is having a tough time we pull out the puppet and he unloads to the puppet.

@17cleo Bath time became a nightmare. Then I had an epiphany. I asked him: do you want a number bath?

I grabbed all his bath friendly toys with numbers and threw them in.

The next night: dinosaur bath. Followed by zoo bath and art bath.

Most importantly, there has been no screaming and he asks to take a bath throughout the day.

@dgw1982 Dinosaurs are the best bath toys. My kid got a bunch for xmas and now she asks to take a bath every day (she gets one a few times a week). She already liked baths, but now she LOVES them, especially when I pretend that her dinosaurs are submarines or they're vomiting water all over the place lol.

@kbenitez83 Get a 100-pack of the really skinny cheap glowsticks and give them a few during bath! Our toddler loves it, we'll give her one of each color and she'll insist on the lights being off while she plays in the bath.