Hi Predaddit! Some PreMommits Need Your Insight on Anxious Husbands

@daughteroftheonetruegod I feel so useless during our pregnancy sometimes like a spare part I feel like nothing I do helps.

she vomits from morning sickness and all I can do is get her water and and pat her back i feel useless, when her emotions come out and I try and support her hug her and reassure her it i fee like it doesn’t work

He may feel anxious because he feels he can’t help

@mikeyrobbie Thanks. It’s part of it, I learned. I was recommended to watch some dad you tubers with him. So he feels the solidarity and lessons the isolation. Perhaps it will help facilitate /remind him to let go of guilt and…well I actually don’t know what could get him of this feeling of helplessness. It’s hard to accept it. But perhaps starting at acceptance is the way forward. Thanks for your share🙏🏻

@daughteroftheonetruegod I agree with so many of the great points mentioned here. I would just add… don’t underestimate a man’s complete idiocy. We don’t always know how to express parts of our insecurities/weaknesses/Jesus-fucking-christ-my-life-is-changing-holy-shit-holy-shit-idness and very often what we think is showing that is actually just being a dick. No excuse, but just an attempt to explain the less-than-optimal behavior.

@daughteroftheonetruegod There were times when I felt like my wife might have been “milking it” but I would never indicate I was thinking that. I never felt jealous or resentful towards my wife at all, like her body is going through hell and she’s carrying my child! I’m not saying he should be on his knees kissing your feet but he should be helping out around the house and taking care of a meal or two.

I’m sure him becoming ill probably isn’t helping his energy or mental but he’s gotta man up cus it’s not going to get any easier I can promise that.

Back