Help with baby shampoo

lilbrenda

So last weekish my baby got hives or a bit of very blotchy eczema on her back, I suspect from by the Aveeno baby body/shampoo and cream. Now we are struggling to clear it up completely. We tried switching to another soap (Dove sensitive skin per our pediatrician rec, which I use and is actually one of the few soaps I can use due to my sensitive skin) and we tried j&j baby shampoo, but the spots came back a bit after we used that (a day or so post bath) and it made her scalp really dry (3mo) like almost cradle cap dry but no redness. We've been putting , aquaphor advanced healing ointment on her back to help it rehydrated and minimize the red dry rough scaly spots. We've also tried coconut oil and j&j baby cream as well as j&j with coconut oil on top. Does anyone have any sensitive skin cream or shampoo suggestions? Any advice on how to help rehydrated it? We use free and clear All detergent so I don't think it's our laundry detergent.

@lilbrenda I really like cetaphils baby wash. How old is your baby? I would maybe stop using the coconut oil since that can actually draw moisture out of the skin and is maybe drying it out even more. Aveeno makes an eczema cream that is safe for babies and recommended by dermatologist and that helps when my baby’s skin is dry and peeling.

Back