Help me decide which stroller/car-seat combo?

@agapeandrew I would personally go with option B. You’d be surprised how nice it is to be able to have baby face you in the stroller. You won’t always use the infant seat with the stroller, and it’s nice to have baby be able to see you, especially when they are still little. This is particularly helpful when we are out walking on a sunny day, because I can better gauge how the sun is hitting her and throw a blanket over if needed. My LO is 4.5 months old and I’d be so sad if I missed out on her sweet, happy, smiley face when we are out on walks.

@agapeandrew I think they are both pretty comparable as far as longevity goes. I will say, I also have a Graco travel system and I have no complaints. It is more like your option B, in that you can turn the seat around. If this is the price point you are comfortable with, then I think they are both good options.

@agapeandrew I would probably go with option B. As it’s a few lbs lighter than A and seems to have some more options.
I also went with a Graco (modes 3 lite platinum) and absolutely love it!! Some things I was looking for in a stroller are
1. Are the wheels good for non paved surfaces (we go on a lot of walks and some of them are on dirt/ gravel paths)
2. Can baby sit forward and parent facing
3. Does the foot rest fold up so when he is older he can nap comfortably while on walks.
4. It it easy to click the infant car seat in
5. Does it fold easily

Ours hit all these points and a few others and have been very happy so far. Hope this helps!

@pbible6 I have this one too and love it! Wheels were a really big issue for me as well. My only complaints are that it is bulky when folded, and I don’t know about you, but I sometimes struggle to unfold it with the way the lock is. But those are minor issues. OP, if you are interested in this travel system it sells for $399 at Buy Buy Baby and they always have 20% off coupons.

@agapeandrew Out of those 2 options, I’d choose B based on having major issues with a Graco jogger (different style) for my first. However, if I could go back, I’d buy a used high end stroller, like Bob or City. It makes a world of difference having an easy stroller that isn’t made with cheap parts. It’s a real pain in the rear to struggle with parts sticking to open or close it, or getting the car seat out. I honestly think I would have gone for more walks with my first if it had an easier stroller.

Edit: I have a used Bob double jogger and going on my 3rd kid. The thing is amazing and I appreciate it more having struggled with my graco travel system.

@hannah2403 This!!!! Of the 2 option b but ....I used option b and later bought a Thule. It really put it into perspective how much better a higher end stroller can be even used.

I’ve read some amazing things about the mocking bird

@agapeandrew I have the Evenflo version of B and I love it. If I’m going on a simple walk I use the seat and if I’m going somewhere I use the car seat on the stroller. It’s really nice having the option between the two. Plus I adored being able to carry my newborn around in the bassinet right after she was born.

I will say that my Evenflo is a little bit of a pain to deal with when storing it at home as it’s three pieces. Car seat / tray, stroller seat and stroller base. It’s not that big of an issue, but with stairs and no car it can be a little difficult to deal with. That said- I’d still recommend option B.

Back