Help/advice, am I buggin or am I actually pregnant?

engineer995

Hello Reddit community!

This is actually my third attempt, I got removed from one Reddit sub and then removed again out of another, so I need some help.

So I would like some advice/ help/guidance in the matter concerning motherhood/ parenthood. So my husband and I are trying for our first of hopefully two babies! TMI We did the deed last weekend, Nov 17 - 20 for the whole weekend making it a fun experience for the both of us, and we did it when my ovulation (fertility) was at its highest.

My menstrual cycle after B/C is about 4 days long and is supposed to begin the 2nd of November, but all this week I've felt off. I was bloated for half the whole week, I had mild cramping and I got strange bouts of hunger throughout the day that had me snacking and I went to the bathroom quite often. My job is really physical, I'm a mail carrier so l'm outside most of the time.

I took a pregnancy test this morning (Nov 26) and it was negative, I know it might be too early but I'm about 8-9 days DPO so I figured all my symptoms though mild were signs the test would test positive.
My hope for advice is, am I buggin?
Should I just wait to see if my period comes or not on the second of December and then test when it doesn't?

I have so much anxiety since I've been on birth control for 9 years and we finally agreed to do this 3 months after removing it, so I'm worried by body is not ready even though I am.

Any advice will be so much appreciated! Thank you and happy holidays everyone!! E

@engineer995 So if your symptoms were due to pregnancy, a pregnancy test would be positive. If the last time you had unprotected sex was 11/17-20, it’s too early for pregnancy symptoms to occur and too early for a positive test.

How are you tracking ovulation? If you’re not tracking ovulation with opks or temping, a good rule of thumb is that a test will be accurate 2 weeks after unprotected sex and definitive 3 weeks after.

However, if you had sex before 11/17-20 and it’s after that 2 week window, that test would be accurate!

Just to clarify, is this your first cycle after birth control?

@engineer995 Got it! I just asked because it can take a few months for your cycle to regulate after stopping birth control. It can also take up to a year for a couple to conceive and that’s considered a totally normal timeline. Ttc sometimes feels like a lot of waiting!

In that case, I would wait until 2 weeks after 11/20 (if you don’t have unprotected sex in between now and then). R/tryingforababy has some great resources on using opks and how to track ovulation if you’re interested in adding it to your ttc process.