Greek yogurt vs homo milk

@funkygarzon Are they really 4L bags?? I cant even imagine a bag of milk that big. (Im in Alberta, so i havent seen a bag of milk in my life)

We really are a comical country: "I'd like to purchase a bag of homo milk, please." 😂

@regina1961 There’s another parenting angle here. When your kid is playing in the snow and their boots get wet, you refresh their socks, then cut open the milk bag and use it as a foot condom so the fresh socks stay dry.

Offer only valid in Northern Ontario

@linda73 It gets put in a jug then you cut the corners off of the bag and pour it. I'm not sure if it is less plastic that a jug, but it is less recycled and not my preference. They do freeze easily though.

@regina1961 I see, it’s all making sense now. You can buy non-homogenized milk most places in the US but it’s not even always advertised as such and I don’t think it’s enough of a market to cause ‘homo milk’ to be needed as a distinction

@heloise23 I did some googling because i was curious and i guess most milk is homogenized in Canada, but I've only ever seen it on our 3.25% MF milks. I just checked my 2% milk, which is the same brand as my 3.25% and it says nothing about being homogenized.

Not sure what "most milk" is referring to in this case.

@regina1961 In the US they often call whole milk “vitamin d milk” even though all fat varieties typically have vitamin d added. I guess it’s a marketing thing but it’s almost as weird as homo milk

@regina1961 Québec. Never heard homo milk. And homogenized is "homogénéisé" in french, so it's close, it could've been! But alas, it seems we were not meant to call milk gay 😉

But I live in Montréal, surrounded by many anglos. Still never heard that.

I wanna know where OP's from!

Back