Glass bottles keep cracking

pokerfaceblonde

Update: thanks everyone for the all the advice! I did not expect this many responses. I got some really helpful info and no matter what bottles we use I’ll be careful about warming them more slowly. I’ve been warming the bottles today and haven’t had any crack, so I’m thinking it might be a husband problem? Any tips on what to do about that? 🧐

How are y’all warming glass bottles?

I mostly breast feed but sometimes my husband feeds him a bottle.

We store the breast milk in the glass bottles in the fridge then run under the sink to warm it up before putting it in a bowl of hot water from the kettle.

My husband has cracked 4 bottles this week. If it doesn’t crack in the bowl it will crack when he tightens the lid. Maybe he’s tightening too tight? We use Mason Bottle brand but would be open to another brand if that’s the issue.

@green520 omg why the downvotes! easy baby solidarity.

and another vote for the avent bottles. i like the nipple too. i just shake them to mix the fat and serve cold.

@gosdontez Right?! I didn’t say it was the parent’s fault because it ABSOLUTELY isn’t. Some babies are more particular than others. Just for the parents whose babies MIGHT take cold milk, I always suggest they try!

@gosdontez haha it’s funny you say easy baby because mine was sooooooo difficult in pretty much every way… except she didn’t give a crap what the temp of the milk was!!!! she actually never even cared what she was drinking. i was so worried to start supplementing with formula and have her refuse it since i didn’t have a stash. nope. didn’t even seem to notice. and at 13 months we switched her to plain, unsweetened soy milk. still didn’t care!!!!!

@pokerfaceblonde I used the advent glass when my daughter was little, I did what you're doing now, ran under hot tap until I could see the cream start to melt and the glass wasn't cold anymore, then into the bottle warmer......OR.....I put it in the bottle warmer with cold tap water and they would heat together, so it wasn't a drastic change in temp. I never had a bottle break or crack. I loved those bottles, she was mostly to the breast, but they were fabulous for Daddy and grandma feeds.....and when she was 5-6 months right before we started solids they were great for a bedtime top off from some frozen stash after she drained me, lol. Best of luck to you and your LO!!

@pokerfaceblonde I might be a little late to the party here but wanted to share…

I used mason jars/mason bottles and had no problems warming them up from frozen. I used a Tommy Tippee brand bottle warmer. You added a bit of water into the warmer, clicked frozen, clicked glass, then beep goes the machine a few minutes later.

I think you also needed to take the lid off and add the nipple to vent before starting to warm, instructions included for the warmer went into detail.

Don’t give up on your mason jars just yet! So damn convenient for baby food, smoothies, and beyond infancy!

@doubra Ooh this sounds nice! Yes the reason I used mason in the first place was because after he’s done drinking milk I can still use them. And I find the wide mouth easier to clean than traditional baby bottles.

@doubra Hi, I’m Vetted AI Bot! I researched the Tommee Tippee Multiwarm Intuitive Bottle Warmer Warms Baby Feeds to Body Temperature in Minutes Automatic Timer White and I thought you might find the following analysis helpful.

Users liked:
* Versatile and customizable settings (backed by 4 comments)
* Safe and gentle warming process (backed by 3 comments)
* Consistent and reliable performance (backed by 3 comments)

Users disliked:
* No off switch leads to potential safety hazard (backed by 2 comments)
* Takes too long to warm up milk, especially at night (backed by 5 comments)
* Inconsistent heating, leading to overheating (backed by 2 comments)

If you'd like to summon me to ask about a product, just make a post with its link and tag me, like in this example.

This message was generated by a (very smart) bot. If you found it helpful, let us know with an upvote and a “good bot!” reply and please feel free to provide feedback on how it can be improved.