Free kid's book mailed to your kid every month...to all kids 0-5 y/o

unboxed

Do you know about Dolly Parton's Imagination library ? You sign up and they send you a children's book every month from the time they are born until they're 5 y/o... for free. It doesn't cost anything and it's available to everyone. They just want you to read to your kids. It looks like it's available to anyone with kids age 0-5 living in the US, Canada, UK, or Australia. Thank you Imagination Library and those that fund the program.

@rojer The program is sponsored by local/regional organizations like headstart programs or children's advocacy/early childhood development organizations. It's available to every county in my state so it seemed to me like it was available to all; but after looking into Illinois and a couple other states, it looks like there are many areas without a local sponsor. The local organization funds the program and sort of has a specific area they cover. Any organization or business can be an "affiliate" it looks like to sponsor it in a certain area. It even looks like the United Way sponsors the program in some places. Sorry your area isn't covered. It should be. Do you have a non-profit in your area focused on children that might be interested in partnering with the Imagination Library?

@rojer Check with any friends or families in different areas. We are not eligible but my wife's parents are, 3 towns over. They bring the book down every time it comes in

@katrina2017 Not the ones we have received so much. There was one about the creator/sun making the first strawberries for a Cherokee man and wife. The last one we got was a simple book about exploring outside with beautiful watercolor drawings. The kids really liked that one.

@mannabar Cool, I do not have a problem with religion per se, but when we bought some overtly christian Bernstein bears books I was pretty shocked and disappointed.

Thanks for the response =)

Back