Fashionable shoes?

mike12912

Hello Working Moms!

As a busy mid 30’s mom who works from home, my wardrobe is pretty casual. I get up, wash up, and don my “work clothes,” which is really just loungewear. Then for after school activities, I have my “going out clothes” which is usually a v neck tshirt and jeans or capris and a pair of black canvas Converse.

I’m looking for recommendations on footwear. I am getting a little tired of wearing the same damn sneakers (different pair, of course) that I’ve been wearing since the early 2000’s when Avril Lavigne was popular. (Thankfully I ditched the eyeliner! 😂) I check out what other women are wearing at the grocery store, and I’ve seen some cute boat shoe type styles. I’d like to hear what y’all are wearing out and about!

What are y’all wearing for your weeknight/casual weekend outings? I like to wear socks, and have my whole hoof covered. So I’m thinking of something sturdier than a sandal, but still comfortable, kinda cute and can make you look put together?

@mike12912 I have ALOT of shoes.

Rothys for work/ causal, depending on the style( I have them all). For fall/ winter I love a tall riding boot. I also have some small ankle boots and some chunky think heels because they remind me of the ‘00s.

I do wear rothys a lot bc they are comfortable and washable. I’ll wear the same points to work and not think twice of wearing them to the park. If they get dirty I just pop them in the wash.

@chris77 I never wear socks unless it’s like snowing but lots of people wear the short/ no see socks. You can easily wear socks with the drivers or the sneakers .

@mike12912 My go to is honestly a pair of white sneakers from Nordstrom. I forget the brand but they’re affordable. I got them from an influencer rec. For some reason I feel like a white sneaker makes an outfit look put together.

I think boots in the winter/fall look good but I honestly rarely wear them anymore.

@mike12912 I have a pair of Olukai slip-ons that I love - they're casual and super comfortable, but nice enough that I feel like a 'real grown-up' when I wear them even with jeans and a tee. You'd have to wear the super no-show socks with them, but that'll likely be true for lots of these types of shoes.

@mike12912 I love my Sperry's (boat shoes). When I need to go into the office/have an in person meeting, I have a few flats I bought from DSW that I believe are Clark's brand (I like them because they've got a cushion).

@mike12912 I like converse! They’re classic at this point. After not having worn converse in 15+ yrs I just dove back in and got a pair black low tops. I wear them on the weekend and just dress a little more nicely than I did in my 20s, wearing them with a dress or nice sweater.

@mike12912 My casual shoes are Vans with footie socks. They have a comfycush line that has a little more support and they’re great for running errands, going to the brewery, etc. I have two pairs of the slip-ons (leopard and checkerboard print, bought when I was pregnant and couldn’t bend over to tie my shoes anymore 😅) and then a pair of the Old Skool in black.

@mike12912 I’m a chef so I wear kitchen sneakers at work.
At home and casual outings I wear cute Mary Jane’s with no socks, Chelsea Boots, my good sneakers or weather permitting flip flops or sandals.
I’m going to buy some cute white sneakers this year. And this will be the year I only wear them for outfits and not to garden!

@mike12912 White sneakers! I like the Thursday boots white leather sneaker. They’re versatile and all the younger kids are basically only wearing white sneakers lol. I don’t usually go by their trend, but it’s so damn easy why not lol.

Back