FAM device advice wanted

danny2023

Hi y’all!
Okay so, I’ve been doing FAM for 3 years now. I’ve been using the Tempdrop for the past 2 years. I just replaced the battery for the 2nd time, I did it perfectly and it won’t work. Support doesn’t know why. The same thing happened last year, but last year it was still under warranty so they replaced it. Not the case this time. I don’t know what I’m doing wrong lol. I really wish they would redesign them to be rechargeable. Anyways, they are giving me the option to purchase 12 months of insurance and retroactively claim a free replacement Tempdrop for like $110. I’m wondering, should I buy the insurance and keep on with the Tempdrop? Or should I look into other devices? The other major ones I know about are the Ava bracelet and the Daysy thermometer. Does anyone else have a method/device they really like? Using a regular thermometer is hard because I get up at different times for work. Thanks for reading that paragraph lol!

Edit: another question, has anyone used the Wink thermometer that goes with the Kindara app? The Bluetooth aspect is appealing. I mainly hate having to get up in the dark and use my phone light to see the basic bbt thermometer screen.

Edit 2: just realized they quit making the Wink thermometer. Now Kindara makes a ring you keep in your vagina that automatically uploads your data to the app….

@danny2023 I just started using FAM/ TempDrop myself, so I don't know that I have a good answer since I haven't had to change the battery yet. But maybe cross post to the r/FAMnNFP subreddit too for more visibility?

Edit: added actual sub name

@danny2023 Out of those 3 options I'd stick with Tempdrop. Ava isn't as accurate because of the wrist placement. Daysy is a thermometer that will require a steady temping habit which won't work with your circumstances.

@danny2023 I remember when I was looking for which the ice to purchase, I picked tempdrop for a reason. This malfunction is super annoying, but especially since you have so much data I’d say stick with it if possible

@danny2023 I used Ava for a while but honestly it was never as accurate as temping vaginally. And it didn't pick up on a temp increase after a vaccine I got and I had a measurable fever. So idk.. I know you said temping manually is hard bc of your schedule but after my experience with Ava I just don't trust these wearables.