Easter Basket Ideas

@kee04 i just saw someone sew little egg shaped pouches for thier kids, very granola and very cute! right now target sells wooden toy paint kits and really cute garden seeds in strawberry shaped packages.

@kee04 This Our Little Adventures book set is really beautiful. It’s a set of 3 books. It could fit in the basket. It features animals showing the child a farmer’s market, forest and meadow. For your baby, you could do the Gerda Muller Seasons board book set. Both are really beautiful sets.

You could also do bath toys that double as outdoor toys. Green Toys are great for both.

@kee04 We always did outdoor springy-type activities until we were older and would prefer like…a movie or some new clothes lol.

We’ll stick with that theme. Also every time we go to target she wants some toy from the dollar spot. I just get them and collect them over time so I’ve got a small stash of little things I know she’ll like!

@kee04 Last year (LO was 1.5) I made homemade gummies (fruit + grass fed gelatin), duplo legos and small animal figurines inside the eggs. Random lol but it was fun! This year (2.5) I’m undecided but hoping to push off the candy at least another year while I still can. We’ll have plenty of baked goods and other treats to eat on that day anyways. For her basket, I got a book, fine motor toy, swimsuit. I’m thinking of adding goggles too. I love the idea of using play silks, my daughter got some for Christmas and she loves them!

@kee04 I’m planning on filling the eggs with her organic cheerios and puffs and those sorts of small snacks, and her Easter basket will have a few books and maybe some stickers. She is 2

@kee04 There are a ton of cute things to put into easter baskets. Here are a couple of ideas:

I love these polarized sunglasses from ro-sham-bo. You can get them the perfect size to fit your kiddos and they have a ton of cute colors.

Maileg has the cutest mini bunnies

I also love these mindful potion kits for your older one.

I also like these HABA Gem blocks. I would just open them up and split them between the two.

hope this helps!

@kee04 Planning for my 2yo’s Easter basket: garden seeds, new bird seed (she’s obsessed with our bird feeder), some Easter coloring pages, a $1 bill, and a few small chocolate eggs :)

@kee04 We did freeze dried fruit in eggs last year when my daughter was 13 months. I think we'll do that again this year to avoid excessive sugar. One note with these is not to fill them too far ahead of the egg hunt since they can lose their crunch and get more chewy (unless your kiddo likes a chewy texture).

For her basket, we got a Jan & Jul rainsuit, sized up baselayers, and new Bogs rain boots for wet springtime adventures.

Last year, her Easter basket had a board book, a silk steamer twirling wand, and some natural rubber "mold free" bath toys. We like the Oli & Carol brand.

@kee04 I saw at our local sustainable store that they're selling sidewalk chalk in the shape of eggs in a little egg carton. I'm going to either just hide those if the grass is dry or I'm going to put them in plastic eggs I already own if it's too wet for the chalk on its own. As far as the Easter basket, we'll probably put some coloring supplies, a new book, and a fun snack. I don't do huge baskets for any holiday.

@kee04 In the past, my parents have gotten my daughter (now 3) a Jan & Jul sunhat for Easter, and she's also gotten gardening items. This year I'm getting her a slingshot with felted wool balls for practice (I may be kicking myself about this later!) wrapped in a Sarah's Silks blue scarf (she plays a lot with blocks and MagnaTiles, so figured she could use it as a waterscape or something). Will do a few treats but nothing wild. Also plan on colouring hard boiled eggs and decorating them! I like the idea of hunting them - will talk to my partner about this idea. I love outdoor hunts but we have a ton of animals in our backyard who may get to them first lol

@kee04 idk how traditional this is, but i just got my daughter (3) a notebook with a butterfly on it, and some washable paint markers because she loves drawing in notebooks. i might put something else in, perhaps a new pair of shoes for spring, it's something she needs, but she would still be excited, especially if it's sparkly haha.

i'm also gonna give her like, 2 single serving bags of candy. that way it's a limited amount and if she wanted to eat it all right away i would feel comfortable with it. i have made the mistake before of giving too many treats. and then i find myself in the tough position of going against my normal food attitude (if something is available for a meal/snack she can have however much of it she wants, even if it's a "dessert") and wanting to put some of the treats away for her to eat later. so now i will only give her how much i would be comfortable with, if she decided to eat it all immediately 😂 and i just won't comment on how much she eats of it at all.

@kee04 I have a 3 and almost 1 year old and did mostly consumables (bubbles, chalk, etc.) in baskets. They each got a few toys, a zero plastic wooden bunny teether I found on Etsy for my youngest and some colorful cotton eggs for my oldest to use in her play kitchen. They’re so cute!

@kee04 For the 8mo, rice and just turn them into shakers.

For the 3yo, I’d put stuff like toddler jewelry if they’re into that, and fidget toys, mini play scarves, and colored rice, kinetic sand, play doh etc for sensory activities

@kee04 My daughter will be 16 months at Easter. I got her some Little People toys and I’ll put them in eggs. I’ll also be filling eggs with Annie’s Bunnies cookies (festive!), some goldfish crackers, and some freeze dried berries.

@kee04 Growing up my parents just hid the eggs, there wasn’t anything in them. I do the same and my kids get so excited to find them. 🤷‍♀️

For the baskets, they get a chocolate bunny and a couple small toys.

Back