Double stroller recommendation for paved roads/theme parks?

martincy

Baby #2 is on the way and I’ll have a 2.5 year old once they’re born. We use our baby jogger gt2 daily for walks on the paved trail by our house as well as at seaworld (no restrictions on stroller size at this theme park). We’ve been looking at the Mockingbird but I’d love recommendations on doubles you love! I’d prefer on the lighter side, if possible, but I know that’s kind of a laughable request with doubles.

I’d also love to be able to connect the car seat for the first 6 months too, If possible. We live in a hot climate and baby wearing in the summer for walks is a sweaty drag.

@martincy I would absolutely avoid the mockingbird. And they have been breaking, and some children fell landing on their face on the concrete. I believe they have finally started to recall some 149,000 of their models.

After my second was born, we purchased the Nuna Demi grow. It’s not lightweight at all, but it pushes like a dream. In single child mode the basket is HUGE, but you do lose a good chunk of it in double mode. Depending how much you pack and bring with you, this could alter your decisions, but it quite honestly hasn’t been an issue for us

As Another commentor said, I would check out the wagons. My neighbor has the Wonderfold 4 seater - we can load up four kids into it, but you will genuinely be pushing a very heavy wagon. It can be hard to maneuver, and it is hard to get up over curbs. However, if you need somewhere to put kids and extra stuff, it’s the way to go.

@martincy 8 month old & 2 year 8 month old. We got the zoe twin+. So far so good! We keep it in the back of our SUV and it’s gone on several flights already. Materials feel cheaper than Uppababy for sure but I find it much easier to push with 2 kids than the vista or mockingbird. Our everyday stroller is a double thule urban glide

@martincy Wagons are not always accepted in Theme Parks; DisneyWorld/Disneyland has very specific maximum requirements.

For Double strollers in the park, CityConnect Jogger are the most frequent. Joovy Qool is another one. I personally have a Qool and I really like it.

The Joovy Qool has the most flexibility for infant car seats; they have adapters for almost every one. They also have a HUGE basket underneath that is still available when having two kids on it. I can also fit the giant Extend-2-fit.

@martincy Look into the Zoe strollers! They have a tandem and side by side versions that are both VERY light compared to most doubles (and even some singles). We have the side-by-side in the Luxe model and we love it for paved roads. It admittedly does not do well on gravel, I will say.

Back