Double stroller for small trunk

latashamay13

I currently have a Buick encore and I use the baby trend snap and go stroller. Even with that stroller, I have to shove it on top of the seats to fit which then limits the rest of my trunk space.

I was looking at the baby trend sit n stand double stroller but wasn’t sure. My twins are currently 6 months old and while the snap and go is great for day to day, we are going on vacation and I know they won’t want to sit in their car seats all the time.

So any recommendations for a good double stroller that folds up small. Or anyone have any though on the baby trend sit n stand double stroller?

@purplepinto I second the Zoe! We just upgraded to it! And I have a Kia soul so my truck space is pretty small and it fits perfectly!

I also can fit the Evenflo pivot explore wagon back there too.

@latashamay13 Do you have a specific budget in mind? The Valco snap duo trend fits in my VW Atlas with the third row up, but it was a splurge for sure

There are somewhat cheaper options with similar size/fold like the Valco Slim Twin and the Baby Jogger City Tour Double but they’re still pricy. Traditional umbrella-type double strollers are really long and skinny when folded so they may have to be placed diagonally in your trunk. They don’t take up a lot of volume but they can take up a lot of “space” if that makes sense. (Just checked and the city tour 2 double is 20% off on Albee baby which puts it at about $375. You may also be able to find used ones on Mercari or Good Buy Gear, which is how I got my nice stroller for a better price)

ETA Zoe twin would be another great one in this category and they’re easier to find used in good condition!

@latashamay13 I wouldn’t get the sit n stand. The standing part is for much older kids. I would’ve had a harder time wrangling one of my twins into the seat.

I had an older graco modes duo from about 13-22mo that we used on a regular basis. That thing was heavy as hell but it worked for that stage and fit in the trunk of my equinox. It had an option to be a sit n stand or a double stroller. For vacation I would absolutely use a double umbrella stroller. Get the kolcraft or another brand that has a middle handle. If it only has the 2 side handles it’s impossible to steer with one hand, and I was surprised at how much I needed that option haha.

@latashamay13 This doesn’t answer your question, but I’m curious - what car seats do you have that fit in your Encore? That’s what I drive as well, but the car seats I bought don’t fit!

@latashamay13 We have a stroller wagon, the Evenflo pivot explore. We got it when our twins were around 6 months and love it! It folds up nicely and takes up way less space than our Mockingbird double stroller did.