Desperate to find a good carrier r/babywearing

realist1981

I am desperate, and I mean absolutely desperate to find a good carrier. The price tag isn’t even an issue at this point because I’m really that desperate. Baby is 3 months, ~15lb. Solly wrap has been great but needed something more as she grows. I have a Tula explore and don’t love it, way too bulky for the SC heat. Just got a hope & plum lark carrier- can’t quite put my finger on exactly what it is but I hate it. Curious about wildbird aerial and artipoppe zeitgeist? Is the artipoppe worth it? Also have been recommended to try happy baby but the overall style is so similar to the h&p lark that i immediately shy away. Prefer something linen/cotton/hemp due to climate. Any recommendations welcome!!!

@realist1981 How about a meh dai? Someone mentioned hope and plum but there are lots of others, didymos, Lenny Lamb, girasol, and Oscha for example, and they're all a little different so you could take a look and see if any of them appeal to you.

Or a half buckle - most of those companies and some others offer half buckles.

@realist1981 Are you interested in a woven wrap or a linen ring sling? Maybe a meh dai with a lighter weight fabric, I like the airflow of a meh dai personally.
(And people can come for me but no, artipoppe isn't worth it unless your number one goal is aesthetic.)

@realist1981 The Aerial is going to be like your Lark except bulkier/more padded. AP is not worth it unless you purely love the looks, functionally it’s not going to be better.

Do you know if it’s the cross back straps bothering you? Would you rather have H straps? Or the apron waistband?

I’d recommend looking at LennyLamb’s Lenny Light, Tula’s Free to Grow (which is not bulky or padded over baby, just a single layer of fabric and you can choose linen). Happy Baby and Sakura Bloom are also lightweight, but they are apron style like the Lark. Integra makes a lightweight carrier, and their Solar carrier is water friendly I believe (if that matters to you). Naked Panda also makes lightweight carriers.

@pitcharan I know for sure I hate the straps on the lark but I don’t think it’s so much the cross back, but more so the straps going across my back where the fabric ends. The apron style doesn’t seem to bother me. Maybe I need to try happy baby?