Delilah’s, how did they tell u the meaning of ur name

vlc

For the Delilah’s ( or ppl knowing Delilah’s) :

(1) If u have a religious background, how did ur parent tell u the meaning of ur name?

(2) If u don’t have a religious background, how do u deal with the other implication. Have I ever been made fun of?

Thanks 😊

P.s: giving our child a first names of starting with D is a tradition. I have one other name in the running which is Dayton. It’s a girl btw.

I’m not that religious but my family is.

@vlc I am not religious and don’t know the meaning but tell them they’re named after the song hey there Delilah lol

Dayton is kinda cute too!

Daphne? Delphine? Delaney?

@iamjamieq Thank you! Ur the first person who likes the name! What do ur opinions about the song hey there Delilah ? Thanks for the suggestions

@vlc What is the meaning of the name Delilah ? It is something negative that is making your parents not want you to use it ? Curious ….

It is just a pretty name to me 🤷‍♀️

How about Dana or Diana ?

@dochoitinhduc Delilah means delicate but that’s prob not what ur asking, ur asking for the biblical story. Well, it starts with this guy named Samson who has strength from God. He wanted to love this women named Deliah but God said no. He ended giving up his strength to love her and she betrayed him. The thing was he was at the end (by dying… not that one should die to “amend for their sins” ) but she wasnt. And well she doesn’t really have a good story so u can tell why my family is hesitant 😬

*sry to all I have offended