Cosleeping 3.5 yo Attire

baotoan

We’ve been cosleeping with our daughter her whole life on and off she has phases where she wants her big girl twin bed. Now that she’s getting older there’s less space even in the new king bed for all of us. She’s usually in the middle. I wear a tee shirt and pants or shorts to bed. My husband wears a tee shirt and boxers. I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable with the boxers because she pointed it out. And he usually sleeps on his left side shoulder facing the wall. What if he turns over and is aroused in his sleep? It’s only happened once since having a kid.

He stayed sleeping and I was awake. Kid was sleeping and I heard him pulling on himself during his sleep for maybe 10 seconds. The kid didn’t wake up, I know he was sleeping because I tried to wake him up and couldn’t. I hate bringing it up- I brought it up like 10 years ago when we 1st got married and he dismissed it. It happened maybe couple times a years. I’m worried about trauma for the kid if she sees something. What if I just say “she can’t see that”… he has ED issues so it’s a touchy subject.

@tasha93 He says he just doesn’t want to. His personality is extremely laid back so it’s a fitting response but it’s starting to feel like neglecy. He’s definitely not aware!!

@baotoan I mean can he just wear sports shorts or basketball shorts and no boxers? It’s practically the same thing just without the opening. And there’s a difference between being laid back and not being considerate of others. He’s not doing it on purpose but it’s a simple request to wear different shorts to bed. I don’t know if it has anything to do with his pride and ED, but it seems like an easy thing to put on some shorts…

@tasha93 I know! Sometimes it just boxer briefs too which is like kind of revealing. I could bring it up over dinner with his parents and sister. That’s seems to be the only time anything gets through. I don’t know how else to get through?? It’s not right but it’s all I’ve got

Back