Changing table necessary for pack and play?

nontoxic12

I'm looking at pack and plays for my 6 week old and am a little overwhelmed by the many options. I plan to use the p&p as a safe place for our newborn (and eventually a toddler) in the living room.

I see there are p&p with a bassinet, but also p&p with a bassinet and changing table. I have a very small apartment so am trying to minimize anything that might be I unnecessary.

Did you find the changing table necessary or was it redundant to the bassinet?

@nontoxic12 We have a P&P with bassinet and changing table in our living room downstairs and changing table in nursery upstairs.

We love it. Allows us to keep diapers, wipes, butt paste, and gripe water in one location for baby without worrying about where anything is located.

@godisgood We have the same set-up here. I call the pack n play our command center because it’s seriously our central hub for baby. We do 90% of diaper changes here (nursery is upstairs but our bedroom is downstairs so while she’s in the bedside bassinet I come into the living room to change her in the middle of the night) and it serves as her daytime nap spot as well. The changing table piece doesn’t really take up any extra space so if you’re going for the pack n play regardless I’d say definitely get the changing add-on.

@nontoxic12 I thought I’d use it and never did - why? I’m too tall and I had to crouch to do the diaper changes! I’m in my early 30s now and my back just isn’t the same and I’m over 5’8. If you are shorter person I think it would be fine. I purposely bought a tall dresser for baby room to put the change pad too.

Back