Carrier recommendations

densol

I’m in the UK, so must ship to the UK.

Currently 38 weeks pregnant and looking for a soft structured carrier. I’m 4’11, so on the shorter side, and looking for a carrier which will be suitable from newborn onwards. My budget won’t stretch to the artipoppe but I do like the look of theseraphine carriers.

My first baby was 3.4kg at birth and we had this Mothercare carrier which was fine, but certainly wasn’t the most comfortable or practical.

Any recommendations I’ll be hugely grateful for!

@densol The seraphine is a harness carrier. They are rubbish, as is Mothercare, babybjorn and nuby, and not great for baby either. Look into a lennylamb buckle carrier on Vinted and a ring sling for the newborn stage, also Lennylamb, melliapis, didymos or girasol.

If that's your price point though you could also buy new or maybe get a Oscha Cairis secondhand on FB.

@densol They just are a faff, aren't versatile and rarely give an ergonomic seat. If you're breastfeeding they can increase the likelihood of mastitis. Any company that also makes woven wraps will have gorgeous patterns and super soft buckle carriers too, Ergo/Tula are very bulky and stiff.

@alexfrankone Integra is also a good uk brand. I love my lenny light, it will work for infants 7lbs+ (3.5kg) if you only want one carrier. A ring sling is nice to have as well; easy to put on without putting down baby.

@densol Do you have a sling library near you? If you're in the North west I can really recommend supportive sloths. You can go and try on loads of different carriers and then hire one for a few weeks. They also have secondhand ones you can buy.

@beldog I don’t unfortunately! There’s a class which is for tie carriers but nothing else nearby. Also a lack of cloth nappy places too

@densol Love my artipoppe! My son just turned a year and it’s worked great for travel, everyday, beach, sporting events, concerts … have a code for $55 off if interested!

Back