Carrier recommendations for tall, lean husband?

luvthetruth

Our LO is 2 months old, 13 lbs, 24” tall. Husband is 6’3” and has a very lean torso. We have an Ergobaby Omni 360 but it doesn’t seem to work for his body type. We have tried putting the waistband very high (at the bra line), doing a pelvic tuck, loosening/tightening the shoulder straps but no matter what, baby ends up in more of a “J” curve rather than a “C” shape. I think it’s because my husband’s waist is very slim and no matter how high and tight we put the waist belt, it ends up sliding down. The Ergo does work better for me as my hips help prevent the waist band from sliding down but it’s still not my favorite.

We have a Solly wrap as well but it takes longer to put on and ideally we’d like something that can last us awhile as baby gets older and bigger. Can anyone share recs for carriers that work for a tall, lean body type? Ideally one that allows for multiple positions (inward facing, forward facing, backpack).

@luvthetruth My husband is the same, and we have the same carrier and the same problem. We thought it would get better when she could face out but then her head just pushes against his chest. I wish I had an answer for you.

Back