Can't transfer baby to crib - what am I doing wrong??

@rightway16 I know you said he hates being swaddled and uses a sleep sack. My 8 week old also hates having his arms in, so I will just swaddle around his chest. I have the Freshly Picked swaddle and will leave his arms out, it’s my favorite one I have. I do this with the swaddle me and halo sleep sack as well when I’m washing the other one. He likes the compression.

@rightway16 Babies are often very very sleepy in the weeks after birth, and that changes as they grow.

I wasn't really able to transfer my babe to her basket until literally last week, and even then not for every nap. I didn't do anything new, no new tricks or different techniques. She just changed as she grew. She's 3 months old.
Before that we contact napped, I wore her in a carrier often, we had some walks with the stroller, sometimes I could lay her down next to me on the couch or in bed. If I was close she could sleep. I still do those a lot.

You're probably not doing "anything wrong", it sounds like you might just be doing the "wrong thing", if you get what I mean. If you want to, try to keep him close when he sleeps.

Back