Can I take a night off from EBF once a week?

@alwaysfaithful18 Skipping night feeds all night, even once a week could throw things off, the night feed can (annoyingly) be the most important one that drives supply, so not doing it this early on might not be the best idea. At this point you want to be doing what you can to encourage and keep up your supply. And it’s super normal for babies to wake up a lot to feed still at this point. I’m thinking you would also potentially get pretty uncomfortably engorged and that can lead to mastitis. Could you wake up to pump but have your husband do the bottle/diaper change/resettling?

ETA: not a silly idea though, I feel your pain. I have a 5 MO and I told my husband whenever she is done breastfeeding I’m gonna take a trip for like 3 days by myself just to sleep 😂

@alwaysfaithful18 Personally I would wait a little longer. 2 weeks is still very much when your supply is establishing and you would either want to feed or pump every few hours throughout the night. Your husband could bottle feed but you should pump to replace. Hang in there—it does eventually get easier and baby will start getting longer stretches. I know how hard this period is…

Back