Breastfeeding bras for CrossFit/working out

robo23

Hey!

Does anyone here breastfeed & do CrossFit?! Or workout in general.

I’m 7.5 week PP and looking to get back into working out - CrossFit specifically. (I will be going very slow)

But the only bras I have are some of the multi pack nursing bras off Amazon. I can tighten the straps to make them semi-supportive but wondering if there’s a better kind?
I’m not big chested, usually a 34/36 B pre-baby. Typically a M in tops but probably a L at the moment

@robo23 I usually changed into a normal sports bra right before working out, and then changed out of it immediately after I got home, and I wore a nursing bra the rest of the time. Especially 7 weeks PP, you don't want to wear a constrictive sports bra for very long anyway. So I didn't have much of a need for a high support breastfeeding sports bra. Once baby got older, I did get a couple low support ones for when I was hiking with her. My favorite was from Kindred Bravely.

@robo23 I used a Kindred Bravely sports bra. It was fine. Not as supportive as my regular sports bras but much better than my other nursing/pumping bras, and the racerback was great.

@robo23 I used Sweat and Milk sports bras - aside from the vivid name, I liked that I could use them for pumping or nursing. The styles vary widely in how much support they offer.

@sarahac Question/ I just looked at their site and they said a 34DD-DDD is a small…

I’m only a 34B. I don’t think I’ll be able to fit into any of them? How do you find they fit?

@robo23 I was a 32B pre-pregnancy - just checked and mine are smalls. They fit me great postpartum when nursing. I just gave them a quick try on (I’m back to my normal bra size but now 14 weeks pregnant) and they’re a little loose but still workable. I did order a few different sizes and styles to try on. That size guide seems wild to me!

@robo23 I have no idea. I'm based in Europe and most recs on these subs are totally US based so was just offering a non-US option in case you or anyone else reading isn't in the US.

@robo23 I don’t do CrossFit specifically but I do HIIT workouts and I’m a 34H/I breastfeeding 😅 Shefit Ultimate is my favorite!! I wear a 2Luxe. (Pre-pregnancy was a 34DD and wore a Luxe.) They zip in the front! I have a referral code linked here for $ off but full disclosure I get a kickback. These are legitimately the only sports bras that I wear though. You can also check their website because they often do a % off for giving them your email/phone number and it’s often better than the referral code.

I have also gotten many ads for Sweat & Milk nursing sports bras but have not used them! They look nice though!

@robo23 I do and did CrossFit through pregnancy and postpartum. I had a victoria secret sports bra that kept the boobs from bouncing but it wasn’t so tight that my boobs were squished. No specific nursing sports bra. When the bras were too tight I feared a clogged duct.