Bathtub for older infant?

mwsmith007

Any parents out there in love with a tub suited for a baby around 9-12 months old? I have loved our Munchkin Sit and Soak tub. But my LO is getting too big. I don’t think he is ready for a seat in the big tub. Is inflatable the way to go?

@mwsmith007 If you're not comfortable having them loose in the bathtub just yet, you can get a laundry basket in any size and I'm sure there's one that would be right for your baby and your tub. The nice thing about that is that when the baby doesn't need anymore you have a laundry basket!

@mwsmith007 I LOVED my Munchkin duck inflatable through 2 kids. I liked how the they were top heavy, it softened the fall. I liked how much easier it made to reach them. I liked how the water stayed relatively warm for being so shallow compared to the same amount of shallow water in the regular tub. I loved how it easily hung on the shower wall to dry. And bonus that it turned into a toy when they outgrew it.

@cat7 This sounds like it would solve many of my concerns. He’s a very tall 7 months. So, he’s too big for the hard plastic baby tub. But, he’s still a little wobbly for the bathroom tub. Also, our water heater doesn’t seem capable of filling the big tub with warm water. And, honestly, with everyone using the same bathroom, I don’t feel like I’m getting the tub satisfactorily clean enough to wash a baby in it.

@mwsmith007 Everyone loves the AngelCare bath seat! It’s not a tub though. Or if you don’t want to use your FULL tub, I think Amazon sells thing kinda like a barrier so you only use part/ half of your tub. Kind of like a dam so you only have to fill your bathtub with water to where you want. And the other half has no water if that makes sense. Idk what it’s called though I’m sorry!

@mwsmith007 I still use the munchkin sit and soak baby bath tub I can’t remember when I started using it I bought it on amazon my daughter is 15 months I use it in the sink once she was to big for those little plastic tubs I got one of these wish I could add a pic. Just lay a cloth down so they don’t slip.