Babyzen yoyo or butterfly

coy

I bought a babyzen yoyo2 because I had one with my first son and I loved it. Unfortunately I didn’t think we were having any more babies and I sold the original.

I bought the newer version and was really liking it with the new born pack, because a lot of the lightweight strollers don’t have that option. Unfortunately ever since I put the toddler seat on the canopy keeps popping when it’s taught. So it goes from fully extended to slack. It’s annoying me.

I’m considering returning it and getting a butterfly. The butterfly is way easier to close and its canopy doesn’t look like it would have this same annoying issue.

I’d love to hear from anyone who has both the yoyo and butterfly that can weigh in. Thanks

@coy I don’t have direct experience with either but was just debating between these both and the Joolz Aer+. I went with the Joolz because it’s lighter weight and folds up smaller than the Butterfly (not quite as much as the Yoyo but the next closest thing). It also has a higher back than the Yoyo, isn’t so far reclined in the upright position, has a one-step fold and (maybe you don’t care about this anymore) you can use adapters to connect with many of the popular infant car seat brands. Compared to the Butterfly, the underseat cargo space isn’t as big and you’d have to buy the bumper bar and footrest separately but those were ultimately not enough to overcome what I viewed as the advantages to the Joolz.

@pgardner2358 The Joolz looks really great. Love the upright positioning of the seat! How’s the recline feature? I’ve read the zipper can be finicky.

@coy I have the butterfly! It is seriously amazing. I tried out the yoyo, but it felt SO cheap. The butterfly is crazy smooth, easy to fold up/carry, has a large storage area and just overall such a nice stroller. So glad we went with the butterfly - plus it has a 4 year warranty.

@matt007 Second this! I also just got the butterfly, in green! Tried it in store and they had different terrains to test on. It’s more smooth than the Yoyo or Aer. Larger canopy is also nice. Comes with footrest but need to purchase bumper bar. Also comes with a rain shield

@coy I love the butterfly. Chose it over the Yo-yo because I have a tall toddler, so I wanted the built-in footrest and taller seat back. It’s small, light, easy to fold, does pretty well over bumpy streets (not so much potholes, grass, or gravel though). The undercarriage is huge for a travel stroller.

@coy We also debated between the yoyo and the butterfly and ultimately went with the yoyo because our main purpose for it is international travel.

Butterfly and other strollers say that they can fit in the overhead bin (and I think they do?) but I’ve heard that a lot of airplane stewardesses typically don’t recognize those brands and will make you gate check it anyway whereas everyone knows a yoyo and won’t give you a problem with putting it in the overhead.

To us, being able to put it in the overhead bin is a priority so we went with the yoyo.

If we didn’t have to travel so much internationally, I don’t know which we would have chosen because the butterfly seems awesome!

@petagaye I complained to babyzen and they sent me a new canopy and it doesn’t pop open anymore. So I’m going to keep my yoyo. But other things like the harness do annoy me a little bit and the two step fold too. If I’m totally irritated come summer I may try something different. Thinking of a joolz are +. But will probably keep my yoyo too.

Back