Baby toys

graemehoodless

Our son will be 3 months this week. He’s obsessed with the fisher price piano toy. He also enjoys his bouncy seat that has a few toys on it. We’d like to add something else into
His toy rotation. What have your babies liked?

@sovietchild Someone gifted us a whole bunch of crinkle pages and little scarfs that all go into a little box with a hole (basically a tissue box) that they can pull them out one after another. our baby LOVES it still at 15 months.

@graemehoodless High contrast toys there’s a pack of three on Amazon, and that oball rattle from bright starts and winkel rattle manhattan toy at target. Those were some of my babies first and helped her learn to grasp!

@neonm I was also going to suggest the Winkel rattle...didn't go for it at first, but loved it later. Also agree with the other poster's suggestion of crinkle paper toys. We had one from the Loveevery play gym that was a favorite, and a crinkle cloth book that was another favorite.

@graemehoodless My baby loves the o-ball, high contrast toys, crinkle books (honestly books in general), anything that rattles, and recently I found some wooden stacking rocks at the thrift store. I stack them while she does tummy time and she knocks them over and chuckles or happy screeches. She’s 4 months old and it’s really helped her extend her tummy time! She also LOVES bubbles.

And these aren’t toys but some things that I’ve found entertain her because she’s a really activep: I do water in a tray with some floating toys and prop her on the boppy so she can splash her hands in it for tummy time (supervised of course). We also recently started doing baby art, take a gallon ziplock and put paper in it, add paint and some sort of sensory something (I’ve done shaving cream, marbles, and gel), seal the bag, and let them smoosh it during tummy time. My girl will smoosh it and chew on it and then when she’s done you can just toss the bag so there’s no clean up. Or you can save the art if you want, I’ve used some to make cards for her grandparents.

@graemehoodless If he likes the fisher price piano, he might like the Baby Einstein take along tunes toy. It has lights and plays a good number of songs. We have the piano too and these songs are a nice change of pace.

Back