Baby Sittinf Low in Omni 360 Mesh

weeoz

My wife and I just transitioned from a BabyBjorn to the Omni 360 Clear Mesh. Already after the first wear, it's 10x more comfortable for me and baby feels much more supported. But I'm worried that he's not sitting high enough in the carrier. His chin is below the neck support, and his mouth is half covered. Child is 5 months old. Belt strap is mid-abdomen and I even tried using the red velcro setting. He just seems to sit lower than I'm comfortable with. Any thoughts?

Picture:

@weeoz I’d flip your baby inwards until his head clears the panel, this is an asphyxiation hazard as-is. Forward facing in general isn’t great, and if you could inward face or back carry that would be much preferable.

If/when you flip him inwards you’ll need to wear the waistband higher, and make sure to adjust the seat width so it’s wide and kiddo is supported knee to knee.

@weeoz Baby should be sitting independently before world facing, and be tall enough to clear the front panel.. but even still it's not a good carry. Just do back carrying instead, it's way more comfortable for the baby and the wearer

Back