Baby Name Girl, only 3 months left

wildatheart41

We named our baby Olivia. Our firstborn is strong and has leader like qualities and has a strong H name. We thought a strong name like Olivia would be fitting for the girls as a pair. Come to know our baby, now 9 months in, and she is very docile and sweet and when her sister throws a toy at her she laughs and hugs her. She’s not very strong in character like her sister. We wanted to change her name to a softer name now to match her personality and the social security administration is allowing us 3 months left to decide.

We were thinking of Heidi. It has a cutesy ending with the ’eeee’ sound. We also think it’s unique enough to not be used as much as Olivia is currently. We need feedback on if its a good name for a sweet personality and goes with her sister’s name Hazel. Her middle name would stay Sofia. So, Heidi Sofia. Is this a sweet, a bit on the unique side of a name? Do you think, ‘awww’ when you hear it?

Any other suggestions for names? HELP PLEASE! This is my first post ever! Oh, my husband hates the name because of a girl Heidi he knew who turned out to be crazy. So I can’t sell him on it. Will show him these comments!

@wildatheart41 I personally don't get "strong" from Olivia and find it to be more sweet and frilly with all the vowel sounds.

That said, your daughter is still very young and her "personality" is very likely to change as she gets older so it seems a bit odd to me to change a name for this reason at such a young age.

However, if you simply just don't like the name, I do think Heidi is a nice name (although feels "stronger" to me than Olivia does), but personally it's a bit to matchy-matchy with Hazel for me. Also if your husband has such a strong association with it that he "hates" it, I think you should consider something else.

@believerz Thank you!! Good advice!! I forgot to add that we don’t like that the nicknames family have given for Olivia are Ollie or Livia, or Olive. Especially my husband who thinks the name Olive is very bizarre. No offense to Olive’s! Just his style of thought. So a 2 syllable name is ideal.

Back