Baby Gear Feedback

tangalo123

Hello! I’m due with my fourth in January. We either purged or lost most of our baby gear when we moved and when we unexpectedly had a house flood. What would you say are must haves for baby gear when you have four children? Children will be 7, 6, and 2 when baby comes along. We have a pack n play with bassinet and a crib for gear.

Thank you!

@tangalo123 Baby carrier here also (I have 3: ring sling, woven wrap and mei tai) it’s really individual as some of my babies loved the swing but my newest baby (#5) hates it. Personally I love the boppy pillow I use it for nursing and supervised lounging and napping for baby. All my babies loved the exersaucer (fondly known as neglectosaucer) from ages 5-9 months or so. With 4 kids a minivan should be added to your essentials list if you don’t already have one!

@tangalo123 We have a 7, 5, 2 and 1. When we had our 4th, we had a bassinet (pack n play works), sound machine and invest in a good, structured baby carrier. Maybe a soft carrier for a newborn but they outgrow it fairly quickly. I have a lilliebaby that has gone through 3 kids and it’s paid for itself over and over. We also like to have a swing to put baby down in when toddler needs us but baby isn’t ready to nap or whatever it may be.

Not particularly specific for baby but We also have a good heavy duty wagon that has come into play for the kids a lot. Whether that be toting the car seat with the 2 year old or the 2&5 when I’m wearing the baby or whatever combo. A lot easier and space wiser than a double stroller too.

@tangalo123 Baby carrier, for sure.

Safe place to set baby down, away from the toddler. Pack n play may work, or an infant/toddler rocker, so he can sit and look around when he grows.

Baby bathtub, I think is essential for safety. Plus a stroller, though the toddler used it more than the baby. That’s all we really needed for baby #3 and onward.

@meraki Someone gifted me a second baby carrier, and for my fourth, I have kept one in the car and one in the house. I baby wore a lot when she was tiny because she hated her car seat. It was nice to have one less thing to carry out to the car when you’re already lugging stuff for 4 little kids.

@eveningfirelight This is the way! My “nice” baby carrier lives in the house and my older/faded baby carrier lives in my car. So nice to have 2 so I am never without one while out and about.

Back